Roof Over Our Heads

For the past week I've been going by the house expecting to see a roof in place. There was definitely progress being made, but it was kind of a slow week. Friday came and still no roof. 



 And ... of course .. it rained pretty heavily on Sunday. One last rinsing for the framing I guess.

The framing pieces and sections for most new homes are pre-fabricated at the factory to a large extent. The framing crew unpacks and assembles the pieces according to a plan. Totally cookie-cutter, right? Not exactly.  After watching for nearly two weeks, I've come to appreciate that there are many smaller tasks needed to make the factory pieces into a real home. 

Just preparing for the roof required some extensive staging. Here's a picture of the various roofing pieces spread out for staging:

 

After a rainy Super-Bowl Sunday, I figured it might be a day or two before work resumed. However, I was apparently wrong. Just a day and a half later, on Tuesday afternoon, I rode my bike to the site and voila - the house has a roof. 


So there you are - our future home for the next 20 years (maybe).I couldn't get inside since people were working. Also, the stairs are not installed yet (they're in the garage).





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed

Final Walk Thru

Pre-Construction (sort-of) Meeting